Angelina Kendra, a Virginia Tech alumna, is organizing an effort to make quilts for each family who lost a loved one in the Virginia Tech shootings.
Here’s what she’s asking people to contribute:
• 12 1/2" blocks, any pattern, in the VT school colors of maroon and orange, plus white/cream and brown/black as accent and background colors. Sign your name, city and state somewhere on the block.
• Squares of cotton batting at least 16" square
• Backing fabric in coordinating colors at least 16" square.
• Prepared binding in coordinating colors. [can be straight of grain, about 2 1/2" wide.]
• Thread — neutral for assembling the tops, coordinating colors for quilting.
Visit her blog to learn more: http://blog.myspace.com/hokie_hope
Or email her (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
[The Sew Inn has a nice maroon solid fabric.]